WEEKLY LCV VICTORY FUND UPDATE — 10/13/2020
By: Emily Samsel
LCV Victory Fund and affiliated entities have committed to investing at least $100 million this cycle to defeat Trump and elect climate and environmental justice champions up and down the ballot — because our rights to breathe clean air, drink clean water, and live in safe and healthy communities are at risk. We are 21 days out from Election Day and over 9 million voters have cast ballots so far. In these final weeks, we’re leaving it all on the field.
Field Updates — LCV Victory Fund GOTV Program
- LCV Victory Fund is investing $1.7 million in digital GOTV ads and $2 million in GOTV direct mail to educate and mobilize voters to vote for Biden-Harris and their pro-environment Senate candidates.
- Over the past week we’ve launched digital GOTV ads in Florida, Iowa, Michigan, Montana, North Carolina, and Wisconsin. New GOTV ads include:
- “Science” (Running in IA, MI, NC, WI, FL)
- “Three Ways To Vote” (Running in MI)
- “Defend Our Environment” (Running in MT)
- Our $2 million GOTV direct mail program will include multiple rounds of mail to key voters in Florida, Iowa, Maine, Montana, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, and Wisconsin to remind them about how to vote in their state and the stakes of this election.
- We dropped our first GOTV mail piece, “We can’t wait to vote”, in IA today and it will drop in NC, PA and WI soon.
- In Florida, we are partnering with Somos PAC to send GOTV mail to Latinx voters in the Miami area — the first piece will drop tomorrow, 10/14. We are also partnering with NextGen America to send a pro-Biden mailer to young voters across Florida starting next week.
- LCV VF began its ballot curing efforts in Florida this week. Our field team is now contacting Florida voters (via phone and text) whose ballots have been rejected in order to assist them with the process of curing their ballots to ensure their votes count.
- And other big news this week on our call program — we are adding South Carolina! We will be starting GOTV calls to support Jaime Harrison for US Senate and make sure voters across the state know how and when they can vote.
Results to date:
- Over 3.9 million get out the vote calls
- Over 94,000 individual conversations with our targeted voters
- Of the voters we’ve spoken with over the phone, 78% committed to vote by any method and 56%committed to vote by mail
For additional background on our $10 million Get Out The Vote effort to mobilize 2.5 million voters across Arizona, Florida, Iowa, Maine, Michigan, Montana, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, and Wisconsin, check out our September 29 memo. Our GOTV mail, digital, and field programs in North Carolina and Michigan are part of the New American Jobs Fund, a partnership with United Steelworkers (USW).
Paid Media Updates
Over the last week, LCV Victory Fund announced six new paid media campaigns:
- AZ & National Presidential — $2 million national cable and Arizona digital ad campaign to defeat Donald Trump (and Big Oil) and elect Joe Biden. Read more here.
- CO-03 — $2.2 million digital and TV program to defeat Lauren Boebert in partnership with House Majority PAC and WOMEN VOTE!, the independent expenditure arm of EMILY’s list. The LCV VF funded ad will start next week. Read more here.
- IA Senate — $1.2 million direct mail campaign in opposition to Sen. Ernst’s re-election campaign. Read more here.
- SC-01 — $70,000 radio ad in partnership with NRDC Action Votes to mobilize Black voters in support of the Lowcountry’s pro-environment Congressman Joe Cunningham. Read more here.
- MT-AL — $260,000 joint radio ad with House Majority PAC in opposition to Matt Rosendale’s campaign against pro-environment candidate Kathleen Williams for the vacant House seat. Read more here.
- WI Presidential — $50,000 digital ad featuring a testimonial from Tia Nelson, daughter of Earth Day Founder and former U.S. Senator for Wisconsin Gaylord Nelson. Read more here.
Active paid media campaigns:
StateRacePaid MediaNationalPresidentialCable buy in opposition to Trump and Big Oil.AZPresidentialDigital ads in opposition to Trump and Big Oil.FLCongress — 26th DistrictSpanish language TV ad in opposition to Carlos Gimenez’ campaign to unseat enviro champ Debbie Murcarsel Powell. More info to come.IASenateDirect mail in opposition to Sen. Ernst’s re-election campaign. MESenateDirect mail in opposition to Sen. Collins’ re-election campaign. MTHouse — At LargeRadio ad in opposition to Matt Rosendale’s campaign against pro-environment candidate Kathleen Williams.NJHouse — 3rd DistrictDigital ads in opposition to David Richter’s campaign to unseat enviro champ Rep. Kim. More info here.NVPresidentialSpanish language TV ad in support of Joe Biden for president. SCHouse — 1st DistrictRadio ad in support of the Lowcountry’s pro-environment Congressman Joe Cunningham.TXHouse — 24th DistrictTV ad in opposition to Beth Van Duyne’s campaign against pro-environment candidate Candace Valenzuela. More info to come.WIPresidentialDigital ad in support of Joe Biden for president.
# # #
Paid for by LCV Victory Fund, www.lcvvictoryfund.org, and not authorized by any candidate or candidate’s committee.